TGV Second Class offers straightforward, friendly and comfortable travel for every type of traveller, including families. Enjoy the bright carriages, practical services and efficient customer service.
Comfort for all!
In a well-lit, happy and friendly atmosphere, TGV Second Class brings you seats with head rest, a fold-down table, foot rest and an individual reading light for your maximum comfort.
You can choose where you sit in the TGV. Several types of seating are available:
• Espace Carré: 4 seats facing each other, with a fold-down table (available for 3 or 4 people).
• Espace Famille: 4 fold-away seats facing each other, with a fold-down table (available for 3 or 4 people). There are baby changing facilities nearby.
• Kiosque: seats located at the far ends of coaches 8 and 1 (available on TGV Réseau and Atlantique).
• Duo side by side: 2 seats side by side.
For each seating location, you decide if you want a window or aisle seat.
Some TGV are double-deckers: TGV Duplex. You can choose the top floor “salle haute” or the bottom floor “salle basse”.
Don't forget: the seat locations available (Espace Carré, window, aisle, Duo, compartment, sitting next to a friend) depend on:
- the type of TGV,
- the class (more comfort options in First Class),
- the number of seats available on the train when booking is made,
- and the number of passengers travelling.
Areas reserved for families
With TGV, travelling with your family is easy. Take a seat in the special family areas where your children have a table for playing games as they travel! Warm baby's jars and meals and take advantage of the nappy changing facilities.