JS Menu responsive - Opti Google
TGV 2ND CLASS TRAVEL
TGV 2nd class always puts travelers first, and that means accommodating families too. You’ll find a friendly atmosphere, cushy seats, luminous carriages, and expert information and customer services – with cheap train fares to boot!
TGV 2ND CLASS Comfort for all
Travelling 2nd class means well-lit and welcoming carriages in a convivial atmosphere.
On TGV Second Class, you can expect seats with head and foot rests, a fold-down table and individual reading lamps for ultimate comfort – all for cheap rail fares.
You’ll be privy to the following services:
- Bar/buffet car to purchase snacks and drinks
- Dedicated family spaces away from main carriages
- Wifi connection (only available on certain trains)
- Comfortable seats, each with a head rest and ample leg room
- Power sockets at every seat for all your technology needs
TGV 2ND CLASS: BOOK YOUR SEAT
Want to sit by the window or the aisle, face-to-face or with friends? When making your TGV 2nd class ticket booking, you can choose from the following options:
- Carré seat (3-4 people): 4 seats face-to-face, including a folding table
- Kiosk: at the end of the wagons 8 and 1 (on the TGV Atlantique network)
- Family seat (3-4 people): 4 seats, face-to-face, with a folding table and baby room nearby.
- Duo together: two seats together
Please note: you can choose between the lower and upper deck on some TGV trains (Duplex).
TGV 2ND CLASS FAMILY AREA
Travelling on TGV second class means more than just cheap rail tickets – it means a great travel experience for the whole family. When buying your train tickets online, select a seat in the dedicated family area and you’ll be able to take advantage of a host of special services:
- A child-friendly table for play during travel
- Warm up baby bottles and children’s meals.
- Nappy changing facilities.
WHEN BOOKING HAVING TROUBLE FINDING A SEAT?
Several seat locations are available during the TGV online booking process – Espace Carré, window, aisle, Duo, compartment, sitting next to a friend. But seat availability depends on a few factors:
- Type of TGV
- Class (more comfort options are available in First Class)
- Number of available seats at the time of TGV reservation
- Number of passengers